1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information by the Site. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you, except when you provide it to us. For example, if you decide to sign up for our services or events, you may be asked to provide certain information such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number). If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
We collect personally identifiable information only when appropriate to provide services or for other specific purpose of our organization or when required by law. We may collect this information for purposes including, but not limited to:
• To provide individual case management
• To produce aggregate-level reports regarding use of services
• To track individual project-level outcomes
• To identify unfilled service needs and plan for the provision of new services
• To conduct research for consulting and/or educational purposed
• To accomplish any and all other purposes deemed appropriate under the law
2. Use of Personally Identifiable Information by Banana Kelly for Communications to Serve You. If you have elected to provide us with your contact information, either on the Site or emailing the organization, we may provide you with program or service-related announcements concerning the Site, including communications containing events, tips or promotions, or contact you regarding any requests you may make. These types of communications are necessary to serve you, respond to your concerns and to provide the high level of service that our site offers its users. We assume that you consent to the use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information for the purposes described here and below and for other uses and disclosures that we determine to be compatible with these uses or disclosures:
• To provide or coordinate services to individuals
• To carry out administrative functions such as legal, audits, personnel, oversight, and management functions
• To create de-identified (anonymous) information
• When required by law to the extent that use or disclosure complies with and is limited to the requirements of the law.
• To avert a serious threat to health or safety
o When we believe that the use of disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health of safety of an individual or the public; and
o The use or disclosure is made to a person reasonably able to prevent or lessen the threat, including the target of the threat
• To report about an individual we reasonably believe to be a victim of an assault, abuse, neglect or domestic violence to a government authority authorized by law to receive reports of assault, abuse, neglect or domestic violence.
3. No Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information for Third Party Marketing Without Your Consent. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services to you.
4. Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information. Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law: We may disclose also any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to the law enforcement officials for a law enforcement purpose in response to a lawful court order, court-ordered warrant, subpoena or summons issued by a judicial officer or a grand jury subpoena. We may also disclose any information to government agencies such as NYC Department of Social Services and Federal Homeless Policy and Reporting Unit or to comply with government reporting obligations. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
5. Cookies and IP Addresses. We may use temporary or “session” cookies to provide updates and news items. These cookies are temporary and will expire. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookies, you may still use the Site, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features. We may also use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use, as well as in combination with your personally identifiable information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
6. Use of Aggregate Information. We may use the information you provide in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form for internal purposes, such as generating statistics and developing evaluation plans. We may collect, store or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Site, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees and partners.
7. Minors under 18. We take special steps to safeguard the privacy of minors. If you are under 18 years of age, you may browse our Site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This Site is not designed for minors and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any persons under 18.
9. Security. We implement various security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline.