To our residents,
In light of the continuing situation surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our primary concern is the well-being and health of our residents and our staff who, as essential workers, serve the needs of our residents as well as the extended South Bronx community.
We are constantly monitoring the updates from the NYC Departments of Health and we are following the City’s recommend steps to ensure that what we do helps limit the spread of this virus. As a result, Banana Kelly’s main office is closed, however our staff remain available via phone by calling our main number 718-328-1064 and dialing their extension. Staff can be reached also by individual email or through email@example.com.
Because of the continued COVID health crisis and the uncertainty it poses to our ability to consistently have open business hours, we encourage residents to use the following options to make monthly rent payments.
- If your management agency is Wavecrest Management Team, send your payment using the return envelope included with your monthly invoice. Or you are able to drop off/send your rent payment to Banana Kelly (see number 3 below)
- If your management agency is Dougert Management, follow their payment instructions listed on their monthly statement.
- If Banana Kelly Community Improvement is your management agency send your rent payment to us at:
863 Prospect Avenue, Bronx, NY 10459
Please include your name, address and email address and we will send you a receipt.
- Use the On line payment portal. Both Wavecrest and Banana Kelly have on line payment portals: Wavecrest:
- Go to www.wavecrestmanagement.com
- Click on the “Register” link
- Click on the Register link located on the lower left hand side of the login box
- Enter the credentials requested
- Click the Register button
An email will be sent to your account requiring you to click on a link to activate your account. Once you click on that link you will be able to loin with your email and password.
- Banana Kelly’s online portal:
- Go to https://bkcianyc.org
- Click on the “Pay Rent Online” button at the bottom on the home page
- Log in or create an account
- Follow instructions to locate your building and then your apartment
Paying your rent on line will also assist in increasing your credit score. Note that we are adding buildings on a regular basis. If you do not see you building on the list for paying online, please keep checking back.
Our building Supers, continue to ensure that our buildings remain clean, sanitized and well maintained. Supers expanded their cleaning and disinfecting rounds in all common areas (lobbies, elevators, laundry rooms, mailbox stations, etc.) The Supers have posted valuable information in all our buildings to educate residents on how best to remain safe and infection-free.
As a responsible affordable housing provider, and social service agency, we are working with our partners and property managers to review and activate added emergency management measures to further safeguard you, the residents, who live in our buildings.
If an issue or problem arises in your apartment/building first contact the Super to determine if he or she can address the problem. If it is an emergency, please also contact the Super who will then contact the property manager or the relevant vendor to address the issue. Finally, if the situation requires, you can call our Property Manager Yeleny Perez at 347-359-8433, Alesia Graham at 917-808-3445, or me at 347-930-4196. Rest assured that we will continue to meet the needs of you — our residents — as we have done throughout our 42-year history.
All of us at Banana Kelly thank you for your assistance. Collectively, as residents of the South Bronx and as New Yorkers we need to do our part to take steps to stop the spread of Coronavirus. We urge you to please put into action—and commit to habit—the precautions listed on informational notices posted in your building and on the City’s website – nyc.gov/coronavirus. OR call the CONVID-19 hotline 1-888-364-3065.
Don’t forget your elderly neighbors – if you do not show signs of illness – check on your elderly neighborhoods as often as possible.
As residents of the Bronx, we will get through this together!
Hope Burgess, President and CEO