We are pleased to share this new LISC white paper by David M. Greenberg that examines how partnerships between Community Land Trusts (CLTs) and community development institutions can scale up and sustain land trusts so as to begin to impact displacement at the neighborhood level.… Read more...
BronxNet sat down with Banana Kelly Community Improvement Association, Inc. and New York Community Trust to talk about the critical relationship between community groups and the organizations that fund them. Watch Eileen Newman’s interview with Patricia Swann, New York Community Trust; Harry DeRienzo, Hope Burgess, Gregory Jost, Wanda Swinney and Jose Rodriguez here:
Banana Kelly is honored to be featured, along with JOE NYC, in the latest LISC e-newsletter for the recent closing on BK Union HDFC, Please see the article below. We are so very grateful for the support of LISC NYC and the National Equity Fund in the ongoing efforts to preserve affordable housing.… Read more...
ENTERPRISE AWARDS NEW YORK CITY $1.65 MILLION TO SUPPORT THE FORMATION AND EXPANSION OF COMMUNITY LAND TRUSTS Grant awarded to fund four initiatives citywide, including a new CLT to promote affordable homeownership in southeast Queens and Brooklyn
To read the full release please click the link below:Read more...
850 Longwood Avenue has a long and varied history. When first built, it represented the best in luxury rental housing that the Bronx had to offer. Built beside the #2 and #5 IRT elevated subway lines, the building boasted spacious apartments, light, air, and the borough’s first elevator building when it first opened in 1925. … Read more...
Bronx Residents Sue Notorious Landlord, Demand Administrator be Appointed to Make Repairs
919 Prospect Named Worst Building in the Bronx on PA James’ 2016 Worst Landlords Watchlist
NEW YORK — Today, tenants, New York City Public Advocate Letitia James, Congressman José Serrano, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.,… Read more...
- Tenants in Foreclosed Buildings Slam Private Equity Firm for Neglect
- Tenants Push to Evict Landlord
- Melrose Tenants Endure Slum Conditions
- Using Baseball History to Teach Children Big Lessons
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network opens a chapter in the Bronx; leader aims to help the borough’s social issues
- NYCT Article Aug 2011
- A Community’s Inspiration
- In the South Bronx, Blight Returns to a Rehabilitated Block
- Response to Daily News Article by Sarah Armaghan: Still a Long Way to Go
- Hunts Point Express Article: Back on Kelly Street for Unfinished Business
- Featured News_ManhattanCollege
- Once-Crumbling Apartment Buildiing Seeks to Add Health Food Store